Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Two Bird Blocks

I have been out of town for a couple weeks and although I thought I would get a lot more done while I had some time off work, I am pleased with the two bird blocks that I finished. I had my borders all prepped and thought I would be able to applique in the car --what was I thinking? Not possible to needleturn neatly while in a moving car. I had planned to mix some border work in with my remaining blocks, but then I start another block and just have to keep working on it. I am moving on the the table block next.
Happy Stitching All...
Cheri

7 comments:

  1. I especially like the block with the bird nest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful blocks!! You have wonderful variety in your greens for the leaves. I can't sew in the car at all - I get motion sickness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Cheri,

    You're double dipping! Fabulous blocks...the nest block may be my favorite block in the whole quilt...your's is just beautiful. I love your second block as well. I left this one out and inserted one of my own, which makes me sad when I see how well your's turned out.

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful colors! I can't wait to do the bird's nest too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheri,

    I love your nest block. I have just started that one myself and hope it comes out as nicely.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheri
    Very nice! Oh to be able to applique in the car - we travel hundreds of miles a year and I can only look out the window and enjoy the scenery.
    Kay in Arkansas
    kayharmon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheri, how beautiful all of your blocks are turning out. You will be finishing up sooner than you think. I too, cannot applique in the car, it make me rather ill. So, I always opt for a good nap. Keep plugging along, the last blocks and borders will be finished before you know it.

    Cheers,
    Bobbie
    www.bobbieashley.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............