Wednesday, December 15, 2010

1st block done

Hello CW Brides, May I present my first block of this marvelous project. I tried to not make this block too busy. I have lots of fabrics and I had to contain myself by not using all the colors in the same block. So this block is outside of my usual box. Take a look at the stitching on the blocks, that's my cross stitch roots showing! Love this project.!The next block is all wonder- undered and ready to cross stitch. Did I mention that I'm in love with this project? Do any of you know about any projects and forums like this one? I'm also working on the Roseville Quilt and am part of that forum, would love to join another, so sugestions are welcome. Greetings from a cold brrrrrrr Holland. Are there any other Dutch stitchers doing this project? Lorene

7 comments:

  1. I'm not doing this quilt just yet, but am also part of the Roseville forum. And i was wondering the same thing : are there anymore community (?) blogs on a quilt project?
    By the way, i'm a dutchspeaking belgian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoi Francoise,
    Ik vroeg me al af wie zo snel een reactie had geplaatst. Gezellig 2 deelnemers uit de lage landen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello lorene,your block looks beautiful with that crossstitching around all the flowers and the vase,if you should hear from another project like this,please let me know ,too,happy stitching,susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorene your block is very pretty and the cross stitching is so unique. The Dear Jane quilt has a blog and many bloggers working on that quilt. It is fun to do quilts with others thru a blog isn't it.
    Happy Stitching
    Cheri
    PS - I am American but my all four of my grandparents immigrated in the early 1900s from Holland, so I have a very rich Dutch heritage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lorene your block looks great, I like how you crossstitch it.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just looked up the dear jane blog, but i think it is all written by 1 person (Anina) and not really what i call a community like this one?
    For Lorene : Gent

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lorene,
    Love the cross-stitched edging. Very unique and certainly will add another layer to your beautiful quilt. Can't wait to see it all together.

    Cheers,
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............