Friday, December 17, 2010

Civil War Bride Quilt Block #1

How exciting it is to share my work with other CWB artists! Fabric choices, oh my. Nearly every fabric in my stash was piled in various groupings on the floor before finally taking the plunge with the base fabric. The following choices were much easier, and more fun now that there was a framework of sorts. Though not very evident in the photo, the background is a pale, pale green. The fabric was originally bought for curtains, but it seemed exactly the right choice as a background for my interpretation of this wonderful quilt. I didn't much care for the leaves in the upper corners of the pattern so substituted four little birds in their place. Isn't it wonderful how much personalization can be done with these blocks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............