Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Christmas Blocks

That strawberry block must have been the one to do for the holidays. I also completed mine between visits with family and other activities these last several weeks. But I congratulate Cheri on thinking of the wool for the tops!! I struggled over mine to get the points sharp ... many are not as sharp as I would like but I am overall satisfied with the outcome (after redoing several that is). I thought about the wool after I was all done ... and I had already used wool for all the bird feet with those skinny toes.
I had completed two other blocks between Thanksgiving and Christmas but haven't had the time to get photos and put them on the blog. I have included them. I have left white paper on the tips of the leaves that wander into the neighboring block. That is my reminder to not sew them into the seams when I attach my blocks.
Judy

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful blocks!! Your strawberries are so pretty and I love the flowers in the top block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your blocks are so pretty. I like the strawberry fabric, especially the pink plaid. Wool and ultrasuede are my best applique friends.

    Happy Stitching,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............