Thursday, December 2, 2010

My fourth block

I finished my fourth block. I managed to squeeze in time for it while working on some Christmas sewing :0)

This block was a fun one to do. I was anxious about the reverse applique for the urn handles because I hadn't tried it before - but it wasn't much harder than regular applique.

I changed the apples into pears because I really wanted to make the urn red. I left out the butterfly and put in an extra flower. Small changes make these blocks my own :0)

I've started on block 7 next. More bird feet - oh dear.

6 comments:

  1. So pretty! What lovely bright vibrant colors and I love the red vase, I think the pears are a great change. I am finishing up this block now and I have to say it is a fun block to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, what a beauty you have here. I love the idea of the pears. Might use it myself, of course green apples would be pretty too. I do so like the red vase, paisley never goes out of style. The smaller red flowers just draw your eye from one end of the block to the other. You did a great job! Can't wait to see the others.

    Cheers,
    Bobbie
    www.bobbieashley.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love the blue flowers, great job janet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow, great block, I love that vase fabric and the idea of the pears, nice little change to the block. Bright pretty block to see on a cold winter morning here in Nebraska.
    Happy Stitching,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice. I think I too will "borrow" your pear idea. I love choosing fabrics for vases..so many possibilities. I'm on block 3 and enjoying my "bride"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love this block! Your urn fabric is so pretty and I like the pears. Your changes are lovely and do make the block truly yours.

    Don't fear the feet!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............