Monday, December 27, 2010

Strawberry Block

I just finished the strawberry block this afternoon. The little strawberry tops are made of wool, no tiny points to needle turn that way. I also had some time last week to make bias stems and these:
are my last three blocks all prepped and ready to start. Can you tell which blocks I have left to do just looking at the bias stems?
This Christmas weekend is a little Civil War Bride Quilt anniversary for me. Last year at this time I found this blog and in January I ordered the pattern and some starter civil war fabrics from Corliss at Threadbear Quilting. It has been a joy stitching these blocks and sharing the progress of my bride quilt, and seeing all of the other blocks finished and posted to this blog. I also started my own little blog inspired by all the wonderful blogs I read from the quilters here. It is a high point of my day, some times first thing in the morning with a cup of coffee, some times at the end of a long work day and finally settled down on my couch with notebook computer in my lap, to browse thru your blogs. I have enjoyed reading about your lives and homes all over the world and about your love of quilting.
Thank You Lizzie for starting this blog!
Happy Stitching,
Cheri

5 comments:

  1. How exciting Cheri, only 3 blocks left to do! I love your strawberries, just gorgeous. It is a lovely community we have here isn't it, so much support and encouragement...
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheri,
    My goodness you are almost there! How very lovely your strawberry block turned out. I do like the leaf fabric very much. Of course anything with red is always a favorite of mine, those berries just jump right off of the block. They are all going to look just wonderful together.
    Yes, we are very blessed to have such wonderful support from blogging friends around the world.
    It is one of the things that make this quilt such a joy to work on, stitching it together.
    Happy New Year to you and yours.

    Cheers,
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your last three blocks!! Wow you have accomplished a lot on this project in a year. Your strawberries are very pretty - wool was a good idea! I have so enjoyed watching your progress with this quilt - I love working on it together with you :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cheri,
    Great idea to use wool for the cherry top!. Isn't this blog a great idea? Love it.
    Happy holidays and a super creative 2011 from my house in Holland to yours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely block, indeed. Wool for the tops of strawberries is a very good idea. Another good idea is working the tops in wool yarn with a daisy stitch. CWB stitchers are so generous with their clever ideas and so willing to share, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............