Tuesday, January 18, 2011

48 Leaves to Go

I have completed my 18th and 19th blocks in the Civil War Bride Quilt. I have not done the blocks in any particular order, I generally would choose a block with lots of little leaves and then a block with larger leaves. I have block 6 left to do. Lots of little leaves, 48 of them, along with 5 flowers and 4 buds. I know there are lots more leaves on the borders, but I am not thinking past the 20 blocks at this point. The red bird block, #20 in the quilt, was fun I liked that bright bird. I changed up block 12 just a bit, I substituted a few tulips instead of the daisy type flowers and added a butterfly. After I took the first photo of the block I thought the pink tulips were just a little bit light (isn't it funny how you see things in the photos on the computer that you do not notice right in front of you) so I got out the Pigma fabric pens and added some color to the tulips. I think they now have a little more contrast and may just leave them as they are.I am moving on to block 6...48 leaves to go.
Happy Stitching,
Cheri

5 comments:

  1. Wow Cheri, on the home straight, how great to have only 48 leaves....
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cheri,
    Your blocks are looking great, love the big red bird and the pink tulips are very sringlike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pink tulips, it is as if they glow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on moving on with CWB! I love how you are counting down the leaves...I did the SAME thing (been there, done THAT!). Your blocks are gorgeous and you are so close to being done! Keep on keeping on!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are beautiful as always! How clever of you to adjust the pink tulips with a pigma pen - I would not thought of that. You are so close to finishing your blocks - I can't wait to see them all together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............