Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Blocks 3, 4 and 5

My bride is finished, I had to stop myself for not doing any more embellishments. I know she is very over the top. But it is our party, we are the brides. Maybe the bootlaces are a bit too much.
I don't care.
Next came the block with the dead bird falling from the sky. I will wait until more blocks are finished before I decide which way the grapes and bird are turned. For the time being my bird is flying. I decided on the colours to make them a bit of an autumn theme, so the grapes are ripe for picking. Don't know if there are any pink grapes.
At last a fun block, loved this one to make, there are Dutch tulips in it and has a springlike feel to it.
And for now I am also busy with the next block, does anyone get excited about the leafy block?

11 comments:

  1. Ooooo! These are fantastic! Your bride is beautiful and your embellishments are spot on! I especially love how you did your large flowers in the bride block.

    I actually didn't mind the leaves...it was the feet that made me crazy!!

    There are pink grapes...right before they turn purple...perfect!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous. Love the color. Please keep going I would love to see some more - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoi Ineke,
    Love the pink tulips. I saw the photo and knew right away that it was your block! I like the way you cut the apple in half and showed us both sides, the inside and the outside. Cute touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope one day there's a quilt show featuring CWB quilts and each one of us enthusiasts has an entry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are lovley blocks Ineke, so full of fun and colour, gorgeous...
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are BEAUTIFUL and I so look foreward to seeing more, your colour choice is inspired. I agree with Mary, a quilt show of CWBs would be inspirational, someone will have to get one organised!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are truly neat... love all the embellishments and fussy cutting of the fabrics. Keep it up... this is truly going to be a fabulous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your Bride is the life of the party! I love the flowers.... what a fun version yours is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely blocks--they are all great, but I really like your tulips (the red/white stripe ones)--they are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............