Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hello

Hello and thank you to Lizzie for allowing me to join. I don't have my pattern yet so I will mostly read everyone's posts and comment once in a while if I have something to add. My name is Eileen Keane and I live in the Hudson Valley between NYC and Albany. We've lived here for 27 years. Before that, we lived in Westchester; much closer to NYC. I have the most supportive husband, Mike, who sort of understands my love for quilting since he's made one himself and has started a second one. Now applique, he's not too sure of but he likes to see me happy. We have a son, David, who's married to the greatest girl, Alicia. They've blessed us with our 21 month old grandson, Tyler. I never knew I could love anyone so much!! I have my own home based longarm quilting business. I've been doing this for 10 years now. Wow, how time flies. I'm still learning-I probably will be until I decide to stop altogether. So that's me. I love hand applique but since there are more quilts than there is time to make them, I'm going to be taking a class in machine applique at MQX in April. I don't think I'll be doing the CWB by machine though. I want to enjoy every minute. Talk to you soon.

5 comments:

  1. welcome Eileen from a fellow Upstater- Albany, actually (with a 19 month old grandson named Tyler!).
    I know you will love this journey once your pattern arrives. Will look forward to seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the journey. You will enjoy the ride, I'm sure.
    greetings from a chilly Holland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eileen, this blog is such a nice way to work on a quilt. All of the pictures, posts, and comments are so inspiring. Have fun and welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eileen,

    too bad I did not meet any dedicated quilters like yourself while I lived in NYC ten years ago. My year in the Big Apple would have been so much more rewarding. Enjoy the Brides and the many helpful comments they provide!

    Many greetings from the Rhine/Germany,
    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Eileen. How wonderful to have a quilting husband!! I look forward to see your blocks.
    Greetings from Wales
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............