I have finally finished block 13 after many months of frustration; maybe something in the number?! I have redone the vase three times, redone multiple leaves as I wasn't happy with them and then struggled over that darn ghiordes knot the pattern recommends for the table fringe. My fringe was WAY too fluffy and tended to stick out from the block and I was not a happy quilter. Several tries later, I finally settled on a loose statin stitch and a backstitch along the edge of the fabric. My husband said it reminds him of his grandmother's tableclothes so I guess that it will work. It will have to work as I am done with this block!
Block 12 went much more smoothly, just took time because of all the leaves. Seemed rather bright to me but it goes nicely with the other blocks. I worked on this block to easy my frustration with block 13 ... breathe in ... breathe out ... applique a leaf or flower.... and so on.
Now I am on to block 14 ... a restful peacock and flowers. At least I hope that is the case.P.S. I'm still working on this "posting" thing so forgive the odd layout of the photos. I will probably finally get it down once the quilt is done.
Judy E in OK