Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Block #14

Well, this block certainly went faster and created less stress for me than block #13. It was nice to have a break from tiny pieces and challenging shapes. I think I like the bird blocks the best at this point - they all seem quick and easy and restful compared to some of the other blocks. I wasn't sure about the bright red for the flowers but I really like how they turned out compared to my blue peacock. I made a gold eye for him but it isn't really noticeable. I may need to change that for my bird to see. P.S. I leave the white paper tabs on the leaves to remind me that they flow over onto the neighboring block. Otherwise, I would sew them up in the seam allowances or else trim them off when I trim the blocks to size. So now it is on to Hannibal and his horses. I think I will do them before block #15. Or maybe I will start block #15 at the same time to maintain my sanity through all those skinny horse legs and tiny shirt parts. (I plan to skip block #16 - they remind me of vultures - and I will insert my groom block instead.) Albeit a strange block .... to go from flowers and birds to elephants is a bit of a leap, but I decided to include him. I was raised in New York so he is my NY connection. Well, back to the applique! Judy

5 comments:

  1. I love the red flowers they really pop. Beautiful bird too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your peacock block! The flowers are lovely. I look forward to seeing your horse and elephant block. What - no vultures! lol I changed that block too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty block, the bird blocks are my favorites also.
    Happy Stitching,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............