I was pleasantly surprised that this block went faster than I had expected. And it posed less problems than I thought it would with all those little tucks and pieces. I did change my horses slightly ... I did them in wool so they would look "sleak and black" as my husband calls it. Plus I didn't have to do those skinny legs with narrow spaces between. (yeah!) I also used wool for Hannibal's tusks - I couldn't find a fabric that I really liked there so the wool won out. The rope was made with varigated embroidery floss, braided and then couched done.
I have block #15 well on it's way. And after much debate about his pattern (my friends have given me the thumbs up finely), my groom is being prepped. I'm getting excited about finishing him up.
Judy in Oklahoma