Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Block # 17 Hannibal and his horses

I was pleasantly surprised that this block went faster than I had expected. And it posed less problems than I thought it would with all those little tucks and pieces. I did change my horses slightly ... I did them in wool so they would look "sleak and black" as my husband calls it. Plus I didn't have to do those skinny legs with narrow spaces between. (yeah!) I also used wool for Hannibal's tusks - I couldn't find a fabric that I really liked there so the wool won out. The rope was made with varigated embroidery floss, braided and then couched done.
I have block #15 well on it's way. And after much debate about his pattern (my friends have given me the thumbs up finely), my groom is being prepped. I'm getting excited about finishing him up.
Judy in Oklahoma

11 comments:

  1. I think your horses look very sleek and majestic! I will borrow your rope method, if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your horses and elephant look marvelous!! Love the rope :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such good fabric choices. I like what you used for the elephant blanket and the man's jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is glorious!! Very beautiful! I love the fabrics you used! I'm anticipating the groom...

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi judye,
    I love hannibals elepant! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great block! I love the stripy blanket on Hannibal! and the detail on the trainer is wonderful! Great job!

    Greetings from the Rhine,
    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome.... love the blanket look on the elephant

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Just found your blog and I am in love with this fantastic quilt. I love applique and I would like to get the patterns to make it. I try now for several days to reach the site of threadbear.com.au withoug success. It seems that they are ofline. Can you give me a tip how I can get the patterns? I live in Brazil and do not know where to look for, besides threadbear. Thanks a lot for any help you can give me.
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love your block! It looks stunning, especially the blanket on the elephant!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful block, I love the blanket also and the all the different reds in the block.
    Happy Stitching,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............