Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Newbie

Thank you for allowing me to become part of this group. I have been quilting for over 30 years - there are not many places you can go with 3 small children besides "practices and games" for soccer, ballet, piano lessons, Camp Fire Girls, etc!
I have my pattern and hope to make the trip up to Mary Jo's to purchase the background in the next few months. I want a tan since my bedroom is a wheat color.  It has been breathtaking looking at all of your beautiful blocks and if mine can just be half as good I can ask for no more.
Janet

6 comments:

  1. Welcome, you will really enjoy this quilt, it is so inspiring seeing other peoples beautiful work, and such an amazing variety of colours used, everyone is different, it would be lovely to see them all "in the flesh" as it were when finished. Ann in N.Z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Janet. This is a wonderful quilt to make, so you will enjoy it!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome aboard Janet! You are about to start a fabulous journey...this quilt will teach you a lot about quilting and a lot about yourself!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet, welcome! This quilt and the blog are very enjoyable. Have fun on your civil war bride journey.
    Happy Stitching,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have loved this design for a long time. After spending a day with my lovely friends and Corliss I have started my first block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome!! I started on my first block and enjoying it!! I am hoping this pattern will be my pride and joy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............