Wednesday, April 6, 2011

More birds ....

Celia and I must have been thinking alike. We both finished the same bird block.
I did mine to resemble red-wing blackbirds, one of my favorite birds. I love to see the color on their wings when they fly. We had a house in Texas where they were more common than the sparrows. It was wonderful!
I still need to add their eyes. I was thinking yellow eyes but my family thought that would make them look "possessed". I thought having red eyes would make them more possessed than the yellow. Sigh .... I may have to experiment with different colors.
Judy in Oklahoma

6 comments:

  1. Very nice, I just love seeing how different everyones blocks are, the spotted birds look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy, The red winged black birds are lovely. You make me smile, I was worrie about "possessed" birds also, the yellow eyes looked good on mine, I am with you red eyes are scarier.
    Happy Stitching,
    Cheri :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your birds very much. I find it hard enough to choose bird fabric - I haven't even thought about eyes yet - yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy,

    Love them, black birds, even spotted ones are my favorite. Lovely applique, the birds with their red accents just pop right off of your block. I love it!

    Cheers,
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your birds. Yellow eyes sound good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hve just started this one myself. One thing is the feet, but what about the beaks? Did you applique them like the pattern shows? They are so tiny! I was thinking about folding them and then applique them on.... not sure if it would work....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............