I am finished with my Civil War Bride. This has been such a fun quilt and the blog has just increased the fun. A little recap, I applique by back basting and then needle turn. The quilt is finished with machine quilting on my domestic machine, invisible thread on the top and aurifil on the back. I used a wool batting for the first time which gave the applique a wonderful "puff".
I got such wonderful advise on this blog, like from Judy in Oklahoma who told me how her sister sews a thin ribbon around the edge of the quilt to keep the borders from waffling (just barely seen in the upper corner of this picture before the binding was added).
With encouragement from the blog I dared trying new things, like adding some inking.
I must say this totally scared me to write on this finished quilt and I ended up going over the inking with some machine embroidery stitches.
I will still be watching for new blog posts, all of your Civil War Bride blocks and applique inspire me.