Sunday, May 8, 2011

I've been busy

And yes, I'm still alive and kicking here in Holland. And I have not been sitting still. Here are the last 3 blocks that I have been working on. Just finished the bird in the tree last night. I thought that I'd put all 9 blocks together to get a feel of my quilt and I have to admit that I really love it. I'm really terrible with colors and combinations and such but I think it's because I've been using the same fabrics for all of the blocks and the neutral backgroundfabric that makes this a whole. I have to have a definitive amount of fabric to chose from, I can't say I'll just check my stash, because if I do I'm sure that this would be utter chaos. Anyway I'm really glad with my blocks and will start the tablecloth one tonight. Greetings from a super hot Holland, yesterday we had the warmest day here in all of Europe! Can you believe it?

6 comments:

  1. Your blocks look just lovely together, the blues come out really nicely. You are almost half way!
    Stay cool.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is very beautiful. I like all of your fabric choices. Keep it going...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorene, love your blue leaves in the strawberries block. It is amazing the amount of space/background you leave in your background. In mine everything is full full. Also love the white fabric in het ostriches block, like they have some lace under their feathers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty - thank you for sharing!
    I'm working on the ele this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lorene,
    You have some wonderful color choices! I think you did a great job with the blocks so far. I too love the blue strawberry leaves, and I love the peacock tail. The 9 block combo is so pretty ... it has a light airy delicate feel about it that I really like.

    I miss Holland in the spring ... I lived in Germany for two years and Holland was my all time favorite place to be. And Oklahoma had record highs too! Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks look so good together. You've made a lot of progress. You must be appliqueing day and night. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............