Well, I finsihed the last of my blocks, modifing the bird into a cardinal - one of my favorite birds. Yeah!!! Happy dance!!
The next step was putting the blocks on my design wall and seeing who wanted to go where. I decided not to put the bride and groom side-by-side. I liked the bride above the groom arrangement better ... maybe something about women over men? Only joking. I think it had more to do with empty space. Most of these blocks are VERY full of things. With a handful of them having more open spaces. It seemed to off-balance the quilt when they were too close together. Then there was the butterflies and leaves that reached over into the neighboring blocks to consider. I didn't want to hide one block element for another one from the adjoining block. I thought about 3A being in the 4A position but 3A has leaves that hang over and that didn't seem quite right Hannibal's block. Same with 3B and that butterfly. Yada-yada-yada ......so this is what I came up with at last.
Then I did the "glasses off" test which then blurs the wall and things looked okay to me. But now, I send it out to everyone for their comments, suggestions and input about placement.
Now it's on to the borders .... and more leaves ....
Judy in super hot and dry Oklahoma