Saturday, July 9, 2011

Block 2, Block 14

Thanks for the nice comments about my first block. Since I already have several finished I will post 2 this time. As you can see I am following the colors of the original pretty much and while I do have several reproductions in the mix as well as other fabrics that I just thought looked good. I have the most fun picking out the fabrics for this quilt and each block is more fun than the last.Looking at the peahen I see that I still need to add the eye (oops) but I love the wing/tail fabric and the little head thingy. Those little feet are quite a challenge but I kinda find them fun.

4 comments:

  1. All your blocks are lovely Heather, what a great start..
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How perfect is that tail feather fabric! Your last block posted is also lovely. Welcome to the CWBQ blog!
    Happy Stitching,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice of fabrics...especially on the tail feathers!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabric in the tail feathers. Your blocks are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............