Saturday, July 16, 2011

A 'Bride' from the north

Hei! I am new to this blog, all the way from Norway. I came over this blog a while ago, and started seeing the original quilt several places suddenly. It grew on me, and after finishing DJ flimsy, I realised I wanted to do more applique. I gave up trying to find enough fabric and got the starting package from Threadbare. Soo many lovely fabrics! Here is my first block. The background is more golden than I can get the photo to show. It's called Willow from Timeless Treasure. I have more to share later. Thanks for letting me be a part of this.

7 comments:

  1. hej til norge,your first block looks very pretty,happy stitching,susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again welcome to the 'bride' blog Lene, lovely first block...
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hej Lene, nice to have you with us on this journey. Your block looks great, very nice fabric. Happy stitching.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Lene, your block is beautiful I did not have much fabric for the bride when I started either but now I have lots of reproduction fabrics, a habit was started :)
    Happy Stitching,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep...this is a fabulous start! So glad that you joined so that we can watch your journey!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the group Lene. I think you'll enjoy seeing all the variety that comes out of this group. And the gals are very encouraging. So glad you shared a picture of your lovely block with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............