Friday, July 15, 2011

Blocks one, two, three

I am new to this group but have been watching it for quite sometime. I finally decided to add my blocks so everyone can see. I enjoy hand applique so decided to do this project. When I saw it on threadbear web site I sent off for it and started collecting fabric. Here are my first three blocks.
The color of the background is really a yellow gold color. It's looks a little dark in this picture

The seam lines show through on these white flowers. I tried to make the seams fairly even.
I changed the brides hair. I like this better. Before I put all the blocks together I'll put blush on her cheeks. I think shes kind of cute.

6 comments:

  1. Your blocks are lovely. So glad you decided to share.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, they are lovely , especially the bride, I enjoy seeing how different everyones blocks are. Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Janice! Your blocks are beautiful. I really like the vase fabric on block one. Have fun and can't wait to see your next one.
    Happy Stitching,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colours Janice and welcome again to the bride blog...
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely start! And you are right...the bride is definitely cute!!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the blog Janice. Your blocks look amazing so far. I like the little top knot hairdo on your bride. Can't wait to see how your quilt progresses.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............