Monday, August 15, 2011

Block #14

So after doing the first two blocks, I got adventuresome, and really wanted to do the Pea Hen block. I modified her a little bit, and I'm still not sure what her crown should look like. I found a bit of fabric for inspiration (or appliqué?), and it's pinned on in the lower left. I made those pesky feet out of ultra-suede, and still need to stitch (glue?) them down. Oh, and she needs an eye! Poor thing can't see where she's going yet! I'm currently working on my Bride, the ostriches, the elephant and the table with the vase. (yes, all at once! LOL!) But, mostly the Bride. Hope to get her flowers finished and post her soon for you to enjoy! ~Vicki in Connecticut

10 comments:

  1. I love the fabric choices of this block particularly the tail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty block.. .I love it! Maybe something bright for her crown; like yellows and golds?
    Your color choices are so nice, I'm going to keep them in mind. I am so excited/anxious to get started. I hope I can do as well as the rest of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful block and welcome Vicki! Your little peahen's tail feathers are just lovely. Your other blocks are very pretty also. Welcome to the blog!
    Happy Stitching,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh I love your colors, especially the purples. Simply beautiful blocks. I got my pattern a few weeks ago and hope to start soon, finishing up a few UFO's first. Seeing everyone's work has inspired me. Can't wait to be able to post a block also

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty blocks, and I love the peahen, the fabrics are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki,
    What lovely blocks. I really like how you did the peacock's tail on this block. And your other postings/blocks were great too. I will be anxious to say them together once you have a few more. I am also curious to see the variety of backgrounds you are using.

    I truely love how every one has made this pattern their own!

    Judy From Okalhoma

    ReplyDelete
  7. This block turned out great! I especially like the tail feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love her tail and her feet look perfect. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicki your color choices keep inspiring me! You mentioned using ultra suede for the feet. Where did you find it? I can only find it by the yard... if anyone has any
    scraps of ultra suede they would like to sell I would so appreciate it! Thanks.
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Her tail is lovely!Perfect! Those feet look great too! The possible "crown" is perfect too! You have done amazing work with the fabrics and applique!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............