Monday, October 3, 2011

Top finished!

Dear brides, the top is ready, ironed, just saw one thing which is not appliqued, can you spot it. Well I ironed it for the picture so now it is back to the sewing machine for the last few blanket stitches. I enjoyed every minute of this quilt so far, I started in december last year, so all the seasons are in this quilt, the easter eggs with the birds, fall colours and the light greens of spring.
I loved your comments and through this blog I met a great friend Lorene, who is also busy on this quilt and it is almost complete. We are already thinking about a new project!
Today in Holland we are enjoying the last sunny days, it is already fall, a good time for some quilting. I will be quilting by hand, just outlining, the quilt is busy enough, don't you think?

16 comments:

  1. hi,ineke,congratulations to a wonderful finish,you can be very proud,happy quilting,susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Greetings from Finland! I love it! It's stunning, fantastic! Congratulation!
    It's so nice to find other quilters from other countries!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Ineke! Your top looks amazing!! You must be SO pleased to see it all together. There is just so much to look at and discover :0) I hope you'll post some of your quilting progress. My plan too is to outline the shapes. (I still have 6 more blocks and the borders to make yet though)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is just beautiful Ineke, congratulations on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolutely stunning quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ineke, your top is absolutely gorgeous, congratulations on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow! It is a gorgeous quilt!! Congratulations and thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on completing your top. How nice to see all the blocks and borders together. Your CWB is very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a beautiful quilt. I love the colours you have chosen.
    Hugs Jan Mac
    Aussie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow..you did it and it so gorgeous...unbelievable! I hope you have a lovely autumn...everyone needs some friendly kind weather about now, don't they?
    I don't know if I could even pick favorite squares...they are all so essentially unique and yet cohesive. Your color and fabric sense is grand. And follow through..way to go.

    Best to you,
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful accomplishment! Doesn't it feel great that it's not a UFO but a finished project?
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. congratulations! it is stunning -

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ineke,

    I am speechless. This has turned out to be such a beauty!!! just perfect!!! well done! My envy is with you! LOL

    Greetings from the Rhine,
    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful. It must be such a relief to see such a project finished. I look at mine and think I will never get done
    Vickie in Illinois

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............