Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Finally

Until now I have been unable to post any pictures of my brides' progress, hopefully today it will work. I am in awe of all the needleturn blocks people have done, mine is done by machine, else I would still be on block one. Now it is all sewn together I will probably unpick and swap over the blocks with the white horses and the house, as for me, yellow was quite hard to include in the quilt and it would be better to spread it out. Mostly I followed the pattern, the strawberry block is one I really like, made from fabric bought off trade me, they look real enough to eat. My other great interest is carriage driving, so I decided to include my black pony pulling his red gig in front of the brides' house. Especially dear to me are two white ponies, so I stood them under a tree made from Michele Hills William Morris fabric, using one of her cushion patterns to make the tree. The table block didn't inspire me, so I made another vase which meant one in each corner. I would have liked to include my persian cat, but she didn't look right anywhere, instead I will applique her on the back by the label. Now I am ready to start the borders, and hopefully have it ready to be quilted for an exhibition next March. I am hoping the borders are faster to sew than the blocks. Phew, the photos seem to have succesfully uploaded! Ann in Gisborne, N.Z.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Ann. I love that tree with the white ponies. The whole block looks like a paper-cut. The house with the gig is lovely too. i can't wait to see the final result!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an accomplishment! Your blocks are all lovely. I really like how you have personalized it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very impressed with your special blocks....You might have to rethink the borders going faster seem to be the same surface area as blocks and blocks... Good Luck on March deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on the quilt. The white horses are lovely, so is the horse and carriage beautifully done. Can't wait to see it finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow... love the colours.... all the blocks humming away in a melodic chorus!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............