Sunday, January 22, 2012

A small question

Hi. I have not published here in a while, mostly because I find myself struggling a lot! with the current block. So I have decided to let it rest for a little while, and attack another block. I have one question, though. Does anyone know what kind of birds the pinkish are, the first one on the fourth row? I am not familiar with the type, and frankly... they remind me of vultures with their weird beaks.... I am wondering about replacing them, but might keep them if I knew what they are. Anyone who can help?

5 comments:

  1. Françoise LietaertJanuary 23, 2012 at 12:19 AM

    I always have the idea it's a dove kind of bird. I'm not a biologist, but I think it could be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I think it's a morning dove, which is generally a grayish bird. Probably poetic license would make it a soft pink color. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lene,
    I must admit that I thought they looked like vultures also. They sort of creeped me out so I replaced them - I made a groom block and then reshuffled the other blocks so he could be closer to his bride.

    Don't be afraid to change things to make the quilt your own - modify the beaks, change the color, etc. And don't worry about moving between blocks; I did that also. Some times all the leaves on one block got to me and I needed a different shape to applique so I would work on another block for awhile.

    Good luck and remember to have fun!!
    Judy in Oklahoma

    ReplyDelete
  4. To my mind, those creepy vultures had no place in my quilt. As, like Judye, I'm making a groom, block #16 was an easy choice to eliminate. The nicest thing about this pattern is the ease of substitution, the joy of making the quilt exactly as one desires.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look like doves to me. You can always change the colors, or change the bird, if you don'tlike this one.

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............