Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Just starting

Thanks for having me in! I want to introduce myself shortly. I am Joke (short for Johanna), living in the Netherlands and I am about to do my first block of the Civil War Bride quilt. As almost everyone starts with block one, I decided to start with the one that intrigues me the most: block 18, the oistriches. I am not planning to make them like they are in nature, but to choose my own colours. Here is the first bird, not yet appliqued on the background.

10 comments:

  1. I love your bird. Great choice on the colored fabric to make the quily your own!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, amazing fabric, look forward to seeing more blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to this amazing group of ladies, all doing the same quilt but they all look different, and all are beautiful. Your first block is very pretty and I look forward seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bird has GREAT feathers..... on you go and be sure and keep us in the loop as it is obvious you are going to do this a tad different... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your welcome, I'm sure I'll enjoy being here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joke,

    Geweldig, dit blok. Ik ben met blok 3 bezig, ook nog niet zo lang geleden met dit project begonnen. Succes met appliqueren

    Sylvia Kaptein
    Nederland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wat leuk, ook een Nederlandse, jij ook succes!

      Delete
  7. You can do this online easily by typing in your state and the keyword “home schooling” at your favorite search engine.
    how to home school

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great way to start Joanne, love your intro into a wonderful adventure, it is that first step into finding the right fabrics which is still me. I look forward to your journey through the Brides path.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............