Friday, April 13, 2012

My top is finished!!

I have finally finished my top. It took me longer than anticipated but I am very happy with the results. I did change the bottom border stightly - added more leaves as the empty branches looked sort of sad to me. But then, I changed things on the sides too. Now the quilting is all that remains. While it would be wonderful to hand quilt, I know that would take forever. So I plan to machine quilt it, stitching around all the spaces (yes there will be hundreds!) and then using a stitch to fill large open spaces. I hope to have it finished for a local guild quilt show in early August 2012. Wish me luck!! Judy E in Oklahoma

8 comments:

  1. Your top looks fabulous!! I love the changes you made to the borders. You must be so pleased with it. Good luck with the quilting! I had to smile at your mention of large, open spaces :0) It's a pretty densely appliqued quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your top. Now I feel motivated to get started on mine again. It is beautiful. I cannot wait to see it quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations to your finished top!!!it looks faboulous,happy quilting,susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is great and I know the quilting will be just as great.... if not this August ....next... there is always another show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is a Beautiful quilt .. i wish i could make one like that ... maybe one day.. Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Judye, what a beautiful accomplishment. Enjoy the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on such an achievement ! It's a true heirloom. I am on the 15th block so when I see quilted tops I'm more inspired to keep going..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Your quilt is gorgeous. Like your little added touches that make it your own.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............