Sunday, May 27, 2012

Introduction

I am very happy and excited when I found this blog. I totally fell in love with the Civil War Bride Quilt the first time I saw it in this blog and soon decided I also would like to make one for my son, especially after reading all the interesting posts. I am reading the blog backward from the eldest post right now, just entered 2011, and it was still interesting. I got the pattern yesterday, and purchased the background fabric one week ago. I think I will stick to the basic white cottom fabric, as I am not an experienced in appliqueing or quilting, so I will just choose the easiest solution.

A bit about myself. I am Lucia from Norway, originally from China. I have a son soon turning 2 years old, and I live with my husband in a town called Eidsvoll, close to the airport in Oslo. I have made one quilt only, and that took me two years :=P. I am determinted to not to spend two years on the Civil War Bride :=)

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the bride blog Lucia, I'm sure you're going to love making the CWBQ...
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lucia -- I did much the same as you -- reading through the old posts before beginning. It's great to see a new round of people making this quilt - you and I among them. One of the nicest aspects of this blog is how supportive everyone seems to have been. Applique is a process; you get the most out of it if you let yourself settle into the time you are stitching. Enjoy this time! Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the CWB journey, you will love the journey,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome from Texas! I love that it is a world wide adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome as well, can't wait to see your first block. Just a hint that I did, I cut my block 13x16. It enlarged them just a bit and things fit better. Just remember that when cutting border fabric. My project is moving slow but I love the adventure.Sandra in Ark.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............