Sunday, June 17, 2012

First 2 blocks

Hi every one,

I'm proud to present my first 2 blocks of the bride.
Altough I'm still deciding if the apple thingies should be green or pink. I'll see when it's about finished.








And I've been prepping the next 4 blocks. I know, that sounds like a lot, but it will keep me in stitches during the childrens summer vacation.




It looks awful, I know, but it will get better. I was so proud of myself of what I managed to do on the upper left hand block. And then I cut into my background. That will teach me! But I managed to repair it to my satisfaction.

I'm not doing the bride just now, because I'm thinking of changing a couple of blocks to make it mine, adding the groom and a house with some kind of  referal to the 3 kids we have, but that has to stew some more.


For now, 4 blocks in this stage will keep me busy enough for a while.

Enjoy what you're doing!











3 comments:

  1. Looking good! I have not started my blocks yet, so yeah for you to have two done and four more started!

    Question for anyone who knows?? What is the difference between the Civil War Bride, The Bountiful Life and The Bird of Paradise? Are they all identical, or is there a difference? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it a lovely feeling when you start completing blocks, they are very pretty, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een geweldige mooie quilt is dit toch, veel plezier met appliqueren!
    groetjes Marijke

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............