Saturday, August 4, 2012

Two more blocks finished in July


Here are two of the blocks I finished in July.  I decided to make the birds in block one look more realistic and added a little embroidery to the top of the vase.  In block 4 I changed the orientation of the bird as it bothered me looking upside down.  (Just my own preference.)  I did the grapes with two different shades of ultra suede to add a different texture to the blocks.  I will use it for the strawberry tops and bird legs too--thank you to fellow stitchers for that wonderful hint.  I have five more blocks prepped and am enjoying my journey.

2 comments:

  1. I love your fabric choices! The birds in block one look very much like birds!
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blocks. It seems that everyone wants to change this bird block...guess it looks like it dead or falling from sky..Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............