Wednesday, October 31, 2012

 I am back with my 6th block ;
 
At the beginning, I made myself a commitment ...
(does it sound correct in english .. I am french! .. ??)
 to show a block each month ....
 
we are in October .. ,
I began my CWBQ in January ...
 
a little bit late ..
but as the pleasure is still here,
I try to accelerate the rythm ...
 
The 7th is almost finished ...



and I discovered for this block, new threads, specially designed for applique ...
named "Fil à gant"  from Sajou, a french brand ..
(very old one which has been relaunched recently!)
and I must say, it is much easier than my regular threads !!
 
(I am not paid by this brand ..
but as I have been doing applique for a long time, I can say
these threads are perfect ...
the only issue with it for the moment is
that it exists in 32 colors only..
and I can say  the greens thread are from my point of view
not enough developped)
 
See you soon for my 7th block !!


3 comments:

  1. Lovely block. I esp. like the greens used. They look like they are a green/grey in color. Very nice workmanship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing about the threads! Your block is tres beautiful! Do you know where to buy the thread? I wonder if it is for sale in the USA? Love your block!

    Cheery wave!

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those leaves! I've been avoiding this block but your lovely greens are making me think twice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............