Tuesday, October 16, 2012


Hello Brides,

It's a miracle. Blogger finally allowed me to add a photo to my message.

Yippie! My quilt is done and I had a great time making it. I started February 2011 and finished it this September.

To all the ladies still working on this quilt: enjoy the journey! I did!

Lorene

I didn't applique this quilt in the "normal"way, but instead of using a buttonhole stitch I crossed stitched the pieces.

bye, bye and thanks for all the great comments, pats on the back and words of encouragement!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I'd love to see a closeup of your block with cross stitching as applique! Kudos to you! It's gorgeous!

    Cheery wave from
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful Lorene, I love the lay out and the darker border fabric, it makes a lovely frame around your bride.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it turned out great! What a great idea to use a slightly darker background for the border. Why didn't I think of that? LOL...

    Beautiful!!!

    Greetings from the Rhine!
    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beauty!!! Oh, how I love this. I also am anxious to see a close-up of crossstitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your gorgeous quilt. I love the colours you have used and especially like the way you have used a darker colour for the border.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............