Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Still plugging along with blocks.....11 done now




I love this quilt so much.  Janet inspired me with her church in an older post and I wrote and asked permission to use her basic design to add to my confederate soldier original block.  I think I will leave out the blocks with just flowers to include these two blocks with all of the other originals.   Thank you, Janet.   I adore the birds and keep working on them.  I have a few new blocks to show.  Just noticed  that I didn't finish the birds head dresses nor all the embroidery.....but I will get to that.  I have five more blocks prepped and hope to have them done by the end of the year.  As I have mentioned before, I am doing the rosebuds with folded 3-D fabric....and the birds' legs with ultrasuede to get crisper toes.  The bell in the church doesn't show up very well....just the clanger.  Any hints or ideas?    Thank you all so much who show and post your blocks.  I am glad to know I am not the only slow one in finishing this beautiful quilt.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love your church block!! The stained glass windows are lovely. I can see the bell just fine. Your birds look wonderful - you'll have to post them again once you've done the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The church block is super.....interesting that you like birds over flowers.... lovely blocks, thanks for the peak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mimi,
    It isn't that I don't love flowers that I choose birds. There are so many flowers that I felt a few less wouldn't be noticable. But I actually plan to add a few more flowers in the borders (top, bottom) that I feel are a little less ornate than the rest of the quilt. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............