Tuesday, January 8, 2013

one block closer

I finished one more block over the holidays. This is my version of block 4.  I re sized and changed things around a bit.  I put in my DD#1 instead of the bird.  My plan is to include all of my family members in this quilt.  I have 2 blocks left to make and then the borders.
While I was embroidering the grape stems I got out the table block to embroider the cherry stems.  I haven't done much of the embroidery on my blocks yet but I am getting some encouragement from a friend so there is hope  :0)
Maybe 2013 will be the year I finish this project!!
Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

  1. Your blocks are really looking nice, Janet! Like you, I only have two more blocks to finish. Should we encourage each other and see who can finish their two blocks firsts? The borders will take longer, but at least we'll have all our blocks finished! Get ready....GO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea to put the family in! I love the drawing of DD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Beautiful, can't wait to see what is next!
    Sue in Florida

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet.... this block with daughter is great.... and only two more blocks... you are getting there... love the family on this quilt... go go go

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............