Thursday, February 21, 2013

This block made me hungry!

The next block of The Civil War Bride Quilt has some fairly large pieces in it. So, it went together quickly!
First I stitched the stems in place.

Next, I added a couple of leaves and a bunch of grapes.

 
Next came the pears, strawberries and apples.

And here is the finished block!

I was feeling a little hungry, so I went to the fridge and dug out an apple, a pear, some strawberries and some grapes and dried cherries.

Added some pecans and...Voila!  A very healthy snack!

Keep stitching...
Kerry
simplebirdapplique

4 comments:

  1. It all sounds & looks good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerry, what a wonderful block! It works, now i'm hungry for fruit salad! Greetings, Marle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kerry, Your block is a beauty, and I do love your snack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely block! Hope you enjoyed your healthy snack!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............