Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Spring Inspired Block

Judging by the buds on the trees and the tiny shoots poking out of the earth, spring is finally here!   I have also spotted a  bird building a nest right outside our window.  This block reminds me that spring is the best time of year!  Instead of putting 5 eggs in the nest  like the original pattern, I added 3 eggs, one for each of my amazing kids!

I am eager to start the next block.  I have the pattern traced on my background and my bias is cut and ready to go!


Cheers,

Kerry
simplebirdapplique

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty block. I like your idea about the eggs. I think it makes a quilt extra special when it has personal meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This block is perfect for spring--great idea for the eggs (and I love the blue)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which Car you want..? Here is a best list of Cars and Vehicles, Hot Vehicles, Strange Cars, Super Cars Model, Funny Cars, Car Latest Models, Cars with Girls, Cars like helicopter and Most Speed and Expensive Cars
    WorldLatestVehicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful block and your prep work for the next one is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............