Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hello everybody,
my name is Manuela. I am living in the western part of Germany near the dutch border and I am really happy to join your wonderful group. I love applique and I was  fascinated by this beautiful quilt when I saw it for the first time. So I ordered the pattern together with the background fabric (a solid tan) and a fabric kit of about 70 fat sixteenths of reproduction fabric.
Unfortunately I am a very slow stitcher and I  really need a lot of time to choose the right fabrics but today I can post my first finished block and the second not yet finished block:





Happy stitching to everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Your first block looks very nice indeed. And your second block is well on its way to being finished. Slow is fine, it is not a race....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I really want to do this quilt but I am a very slow stitcher as well and the amount of fabric seems overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the group, your first block looks great and so does your second, very pretty fabric. As Mimi said - it is not a race... I'm working on my 12th block and I started two or three years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They both look great! We also live near the border Germany/The Netherlands. I live on the Dutch side, in Groningen, up north.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome, Manuela, you will love working on this quilt. It doesn't matter how long you take! I like your first block, and the second one is looking good too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the group Manuela. Your block is beautiful and you have a nice start on the next one too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............