Friday, June 28, 2013

Another block...another row!!

It is fine and dandy to make quilt blocks.  It is really exciting to stitch those blocks into rows.  And it is beyond exciting to stitch the rows together!  This is my latest block of Civil War Bride.  I actually felt more like a home decorator than a quilter.  I wanted the carpet to match the tablecloth.  I didn't want the accent pieces (the vase, the leaves, the cherries and the apples) to compete with each other! 

I have enough blocks stitched together to make another row...

And here all of my blocks stitched together!

Keep stitching,

Kerry
simplebirdapplique

7 comments:

  1. Thank you! Must say I am thrilled to see it coming together!
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very exciting to see another row of your spectacular quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the things I love about this quilt is that no matter how quilters individualize it, it is still recognized as the Civil War Bride/bird of Paradise quilt. Yours is just beautiful, it is exciting seeing it come together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are gorgeous! The colors are perfect! Thanks for sharing!

    Cheery wave from
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am humbled .... just beautiful......

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............