Sunday, October 13, 2013

I'm back to sewing on CWB

I have been sewing with a vengance, I got blocks #6-8 done in the last 2 weeks.  I am doing my blocks in the order of the original quilt.  The strawberry block is cut out and the ostrich block has 7 more pieces to be sewed.  Today
I sized the 8 blocks and sewed them together and also cut out parts of the back so I can hand quilt on some of the pieces.  I had 4 blocks together and when I folded them I noticed that seams didn't match, I forgot to size them so out came the seam ripper and done it right...It has been over a year since I 've worked on this quilt as I put it away to work on Roseville Album quilt...this is my year to get things finished.

6 comments:

  1. Your blocks are lovely! If you keep up this pace you will be done in no time. I like how your different backgrounds look together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good Julee! Good idea to start quilting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty blocks, I think it is a great idea to start the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Espectacular trabajo
    Felicidades. Saludos desde Barcelona.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - you sure made those blocks fast! You'll be finished before you know it. Your quilt looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the look of different backgrounds. Your applique is lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............