Friday, November 8, 2013

My finished quilt


This is the moment I have been looking forward to - finishing this quilt, mostly made with the Civil War bride patterns, with some elements from the original quilt, and some of my own drawings.
It is for my daughter in law Catalina, and is called "Catalina's Paradise."
It was done with 'old-fashioned' needleturn, and I used echo quilting to quilt it. The echo quilting did not take as long as quilting around all the applique!

A close-up of some of the quilting and the name of the quilt..

And my initials....

I have really enjoyed making this quilt!
Jane

8 comments:

  1. I already commented on your own blog, but now I see your amazing quilt here again, I just had to leave a comment again. It is just so beautiful, wonderful workmanship. Your color and fabric choices are fabulous and your applique and quilting ditto. Love that you show so much on your blog of how you do things, I learn so much from it! Thanks again and congratulations on a wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on this beautiful finish! It really is a piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a beautiful quilt, I really love it!
    Marle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane your quilt is absolutely gorgeous, it sure is a piece of art. I really admire your quilting, so beautiful.
    CONGRATULATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's magnificent! Truly an heirloom quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, Jane, your quilt is really beautiful!!! Congratulations!
    Greetings from the Rhine,
    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's quite fabulous, you've done such beautiful work! I envy your Catalina. I shared your groom on my Facebook wall and he's been a very popular post. Was there another quilt pattern you used as inspiration for his drawing? Carmen Beatty aka Carmen's Quilts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............