Monday, December 30, 2013

ALmost finished .. what about quilting ??

I finished my last side .. and still have to gather everything !!
I am really happy to have almost finished and realize how big this patch will be !!


And  I have a real interrogation ... how will I quilt this huge patchwork ?
Have you got an idea ??

I cannot find many posts about this subject and as I know lots of you have already finished your  quilt, I would like to know how each of you have quilted your own patch..

Can anyone give me some idea ..

Claire 


4 comments:

  1. Great job on your finished work....I'm just about ready to post my finished quilt top. I've been thinking about how to quilt mine also...I'm hand quilting so leaning towards cross hatching the whole thing but first outlining all the applique. Are you hand or machine quilting? Hope you post the whole quilt top when you attach the borders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your answer ! I just posted the top finished !! Now, the quilting, GRRR...

      Delete
  2. Your owls are delightful. Good luck with your quilting. I still have to make borders for my blocks but I do plan to quilt it by hand outlining the applique together with some fill in shapes - flowers, leaves butterflies ect...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............