I set myself a goal to have this quilt top finished by the last day of December.....I made it. Plan on basting it together tomorrow to ready for hand quilting. I will start quilting by outlining everything and go back and do the cross hatching. My next goal will be April 1st to finish my quilting but will be gone for 3 weeks, so will see how close I come to this goal.
As you can see I did the borders like the original quilt even though I'm using Threadbear's pattern. The total applique pieces count is 1346. The next picture (oops! had trouble downloading images) is a close up of the soliders on the dogs. Lots of embroidery work and I did use gold thread for the buttons and stripe on pant leg and black pigma pen for making the face. Also again used 2 threads of #8 tweed Valdani thread to make the ropes to make it look much thicker.
This picture is the close up area of the two last blocks that I did not post and where I left off from last posting along with close up of borders.
I really enjoyed making this quilt. Now I can get back to finishing couple other tops that I started. 2013 was my year to get projects finished and I did get several things done and plan on getting the rest of my UFO's done in 2014. Hope everyone has a great & healthy New Year. I will post after I get some quilting done so until then Happy New Year.