Thursday, January 2, 2014

Made my Goal 2013

I set myself a goal to have this quilt top finished by the last day of December.....I made it.  Plan on basting it together tomorrow to ready for hand quilting.  I will start quilting by outlining everything and go back and do the cross hatching.  My next goal will be April 1st to finish my quilting but will be gone for 3 weeks, so will see how close I come to this goal. 
As you can see I did the borders like the original quilt even though I'm using Threadbear's pattern.  The total applique pieces count is 1346.  The next picture (oops! had trouble downloading images) is a close up of the soliders on the dogs.  Lots of embroidery work and I did use gold thread for the buttons and stripe on pant leg and black pigma pen for making the face.  Also again used 2 threads of #8 tweed Valdani thread to make the ropes to make it look much thicker.



This picture is the close up area of the two last blocks that I did not post and where I left off from last posting along with close up of borders.


I really enjoyed making this quilt.  Now I can get back to finishing couple other tops that I started.  2013 was my year to get projects finished and I did get several things done and plan on getting the rest of my UFO's done in 2014.  Hope everyone has a great & healthy New Year.  I will post after I get some quilting done so until then Happy New Year. 
Julee

9 comments:

  1. Wow it looks incredible!! I love your borders. The horses are wonderful and you've put so much detail into the riders. I can't wait to see your quilting. I'm stuck at the embroidery stage but hope to start making borders soon. I'm putting the horses on too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Beautiful! So many decisions to make. How did you decide on the background fabrics? It looks like you used several different shirting patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used 20 different shritings for the backgrounds and all reproduction fabrics. My quilt is basted and I'm ready to start hand quilting.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! You did a beautiful, beautiful job! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt! I love the mix of background fabrics and the border detail is outstanding- I can't wait to see how you quilt it. Looking at your top is making me think I need to move this up on my bucket list :)

    Congratulations on your accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a very lovely quilt and so cute to make this.
    I make it also to. But I have twelf blocs finishd.
    I have so many projects in the basket, ppfffff, to much.....
    Thank you for your comment.
    greetings, Heleni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your beautiful finish (I love the guys riding dogs...)! You made your finishing goal, I am sure you will make this one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely! :)
    Greetings from Finland!
    Hugs, Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Beautiful. I really like all the different backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............