Tuesday, February 11, 2014

My kind of appliqué.

I had only two blocks left so I finally picked up my quilt last week and finished them.  I thought you might like to see how they turned out.  Those of you that hand turn your appliqué are amazing and the amount of time and talent you put into your quilts is incredible.  Unfortunately I don't have the fortitude to do such lovely work!

I have learned the art of machine appliqué instead.  A while back, I purchased a new Husqvarna Platinum machine that makes such a beautiful stitch, I thought I'd attempt this new method (to me) and now I am hooked.
These are just a few of the squares and a close up of some of my stitching.

I plan to make it into a wall hanging so it won't be put in the wash.  I used a shadow box and a sharp pencil for tracing, "Lite Steam-a-Seam" 2 to fuse and that nifty bias strip maker for various stems.

Since I am from North Dakota I embellished the bride's block with prairie roses and corn and a Scandinavian girl who loves to bake.  I will post more blocks later, in the meantime I hope you enjoy this simpler method of appliqué...








4 comments:

  1. Your blocks are beautiful and your work is quite excellent. I am a needle turner most of the time but I enjoy using a similar stitch on my Pfaff as well. You should be very proud of your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look great. Love the corn stalk with the girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful. Such a fun quilt to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the lovely compliments. It so much work and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............