Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Labels, last step....


  

This post is about the labels....I used a product called C. Jenkins freezer paper sheets, 50 sheets 8.5 x 11" and used white cotton.  I ironed the white fabric to freezer paper then trimmed each sheet precisely with rotary cutter.     I scanned a picture from one of my books showing the Civil War Bride quilt along with a picture of the paper templates.  I typed general information about this quilt I found in the book along with my thoughts about the quilt which is on another sheet.  Last sheet I had problems getting it the way I wanted, label with my personal info.  I finally just printed it out on copy paper full size picture of my quilt then laid my typed info onto this and then printed onto freezer paper.  The color of my quilt is horrible and not anywhere near the true colors but I got so tired messing with it I just left it that way and printed it. 
                                                                

3 comments:

  1. I will have to check out this product. I would like to put more detailed history on a couple of my quilts and being able to just type and print them would look so much better. Great finish on your beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! As I was reading this post, I said to myself...Julee would love this! Imagine my surprise to see it was you who posted this , it's beautiful! And I hope to see it in person next week in Des. Moines!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............