Friday, April 18, 2014

FINISHED



I finished this quilt last Saturday afternoon.  I used just over 1200 yards of thread and was quilting anywhere from 5 to 10 hours a day to get it done.  I added top stitching to all the larger applique pieces and went back and added a line between which now makes the lines about 1/2" apart.  I still need to make my label but need to buy special fabric paper to run it thru my printer.  I'm sure I will find it in Paducah when I go next week. I will post my label when I have it done as I'm planning on putting the picture of the original quilt and the templates, plus my own info.  It has been a fun journey.....now onto my next applique project.

Friday, April 4, 2014

MY PROGRESS

I had set my first goal for April 1st to being done.  I'm close as of last night I finished the binding and put on the sleeve so I could see how it hangs.  It took me 4 weeks to do the blocks then took 3 weeks off for a trip then another 4 weeks to do the borders.  I have used all of a 1000 yard thread spool and have lots more to do.  I left something to do on each block, (like top stitching on top of the birds) but have completely finished the borders.