Sunday, February 1, 2015

Block #11 - the Robin & Possible Layout to Complete My Quilt

Here is a picture of the last block I worked on.  Block #11 - the Robin.  It's the 16th block that I've made.  Since my CWB quilt has been in process for about 4 1/2 years, and helping raise my grandson is competing with completing it per the pattern, I've been weighing my options.  I've decided to call it good, and start on the borders.  The second picture is a possible layout for the 16 blocks.  I'd love your feedback.

 

 

10 comments:

  1. Your 16 blocks are lovely together - just the way you have placed them.

    Enjoy your grandson - they grow too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments. Since several of you think it looks okay this way, with only the 16 blocks, that makes me feel better. I plan to start sewing it together next week and get started on the borders. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful quilt!!! Have fun with the grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh fabulous! It's a great idea to finish it... finished is better than perfect!I love the square look. Lorraine xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are Beautiful!!! Congratulations ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your colours, they are beautiful and soft. I also love that you have included the groom and think that if you feel that you are finished with it then finish it. Better to have a finished quilt that shows off your lovely work than a pile of stuff in the cupboard. Can't wait to see the end result.aqqqqqqq

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last bit was from my cat Pixie who walked across the keyboard as I was posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blocks are beautiful and the layout is balanced, looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............